Roadrunner(Spectrum) Email Server Settings
The key two components for Roadrunner email settings are POP and IMAP settings. One of these server type is required to configure email on third party mail applications such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc. These settings are also required for configuring your email on various devices such as smart phones, tablets, Ipad and so on. The roadrunner email setting mentioned below will help you in configuring your email on all devices and mail application.
- Account settings type is POP
- The incoming mail server is mail.twc.com
- Incoming server port type is POP3 and port number is 995.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is mail.twc.com
- Outgoing server SMTP port is 587.
- Finally for the inbound and outbound user name enter your full email id followed by your email password.
However before configuring your email on a device or application where there is an existing email configured, it is worth noting that configuring new POP settings may delete the old emails stored in the mail application as actions performed on email setting are limited to a computer or device in which they were performed.
However the email settings of Roadrunner mentioned above are specific only for configuring Roadrunner email and it cannot be used to configure any other brands email.
As a user you need to use only one type of server settings amongst POP or IMAP for your email. Whereas the POP email settings allows you to access the email from an alternate device incase the email is deleted on one of the devices.
What are the POP server settings for road runner email?
The POP email setting for roadrunner email allows the user to setup the roadrunner email on multiple devices at the same time. However the most common issue faced by the user is that the email does not get synced properly with the webmail server. In order to solve this error, it is vital that the email server settings are entered accurately. Follow the below mentioned steps to configure your email properly.
Settings for POP for Road runner email setup on Ipad or Iphone:
- Choose the email setting from the drop down menu, scroll and choose mail, contacts, and calendars.
- Tap add account and click on other email provider.
- Now enter your correct login credentials by entering your name email id and password.
- Thereafter configure the POP server settings for the email mentioned above in the article.
- The server to be selected is POP3 from the list. Configure the outgoing email setup.
- Now tap save and select your email setting on the next screen.
- Scroll down the outgoing email server for SMTP and select the main server as SMTP in mobile settings, and enter the server port as 25.
- Thereafter tap ‘done’.
- Lastly it is recommended to restart you’r Iphone to ensure that your settings are configured properly.
Roadrunner email can be setup in Microsoft Account through the POP setup:
Roadrunner email server settings for Microsoft account are as below-
- Firstly click on the Microsoft Email file button and click on add account.
- Now click on ‘manually configure server settings’, since roadrunner email needs manual server configuration.
- Enter your name in the ’email name’ section and in the username section enter you’r complete email address, followed by your email password.
- Click on account type option and select POP3 server. Enter mail.twc.com as both for the incoming server domain and the outgoing server domain.
- Finally click the finish button to configure the email on Microsoft. Thereafter your roadrunner email messages will be downloaded in your Microsoft Email.
Setting up Roadrunner email through POP setup on Android phone:
- Firstly launch the email application, and enter your roadrunner email address and tap on next.
- Select the POP 3 setting for android phone, type the roadrunner password and click on next.
- Define the user name password server port, and then the outgoing server. This will allow you to configure the roadrunner email on POP3 setup.
- Similarly ensure the same steps are followed to configure the outgoing POP3 setup so that sending and receiving emails becomes smooth and easy.
The POP server is an in built server which supports the incoming of emails through the roadrunner email in large volumes. The key reason for adopting this server type is that it is cost effective and reliable and it also allows you to setup the roadrunner email on multiple platforms like Microsoft mail and gmail.com.
The only key drawback of the roadrunner email or the POP server is that you need to constantly clear your inbox so that email storage space is created. Always ensure that your email storage has empty space as a full mailbox can create a problem in sending and receiving emails.
Pop server is the backbone of roadrunner email settings. It allows the user a seamless and smooth email service at all times. The server setting mentioned in this article will allow users to use the roadrunner email on any device of their choice. However if you face any issues related to configuring of your email, feel free to contact Roadrunner support from their official website.